The Variations Intensive is the launching platform and audition process for the Competition Team for those who choose to join. Students will be selected into one of several competing groups at the local, national or international levels.
The Competition Groups
The competition team groups are available for all levels of both The National Academy of Classical Ballet and The Industry Academy of Contemporary Dance and Pre-Academy 2. Rehearsals are scheduled weekly based on student progress and upcoming events. To view the most up-to-date schedule for rehearsals go to our calendar.
These competitors will compete at 3-5 local area competitions selected by the Artistic Directors. Parents should expect entrance fees, but with little to no travel expenses. Students should expect to participate in at least one group piece.
Regional and National Competitions
Competitors will compete in 3-5 local are competitions selected by the Artistic Directors, as well as at least 2 national level competitions which will include travel within the US. Additional expenses for travel, accommodation, and entrance fees may be required if they are invited to participate in the finals at any of the larger competitions. Students should plan to prepare at least 1 classical variation.
Competitors will compete in 3-5 local area competitions selected by the Artistic Directors, at least 2 national level competitions, as well as at least 1 international competition. Additional expenses for travel, accommodation, and entrance fees may be required if they are invited to participate in the finals at any of the larger competitions. Parents should also expect the additional expenses of international travel and accommodation, as well as the need for passports or other documentation needed for international travel. Students should plan to prepare at least 2 classical and 1 contemporary variation depending on the competition requirements for the international events.
The Cost of Competition
- The team membership fee for participation in each group is $150 per month. This includes any ensemble work, and small groups.
- Pas de deux (duos) and Pas de Trois (trios) require an additional time commitment and additional rehearsal fees or choreography fees if necessary.
- Variations (solos) rehearsals can be purchased either in a package at lower cost monthly rates or hourly as needed.
- Classical variations do not have a choreography fee.
- Each contemporary variation will have a choreography fee depending on the choreographer.
- Any travel, accommodation, entrance fees as mentioned above in the group descriptions.
Please contact us for rates for private and group coaching sessions.
In addition to the financial costs for a student’s family, those who choose to join the team should also be prepared for the rigors of competition. Students make a mental, physical and emotional commitment to prepare to represent themselves and Brooksher Ballet in the best possible light. Students who wish to be considered for the Competition Team must attend the Variations Intensive.
Classes and Services
- Big things are happening soon for Brooksher Ballet! Follow us on all our social media accounts to be the first to h… http://t.co/4DuaWHTY7w 10 months ago
- Nutcracker season is coming soon! Brooksher Ballet's Nutcracker cast is looking great this year and is working hard… http://t.co/o96zBPEdJ5 10 months ago