- 7931 East Pecos Road. Suite 122, Mesa, Arizona, 85212
- (602) 529-8292
Nutcracker Backstage Crew
Upbeat, go-getters who work well as a team needed for all areas of behind-the-scenes crew for Nutcracker.
- Stage Crew: moving sets, scenery & handling props.
- Dressing Room Wranglers: supervising our lovely littles when they aren’t onstage.
- Security: check-in/out of all crew & performers. Must be OK keeping those who don’t belong out of the backstage area.
Have some skill with hammer & nails? Give you a screw-gun and a hand saw and you’re a happy guy? Ever build your own house? We are still building out our Nutcracker sets and scenery, and need some guys/gals who are handy with the power tools.
Like to paint? Have a flair for design, and a good command of a glue gun? Nutcracker is a big production with lots of sets to paint, scenery to decorate, and props to make. We can use your help!
If you know your way around a needle & thread…or you are really good at getting your kids dressed!
- Dressers: getting students into/out of their costumes in the wardrobe room, also helping with quick changes.
- Makeup & Hair: assisting students with character makeup & hair as well as makeup changes between roles.
With so much going on backstage and behind the scenes, it’s almost easy to forget about the amazing experience we want to create for our audience when they come to the performance. We need volunteers to help out in the lobby before the show and during the intermission for:
- Flower sales.
- Nutcracker product sales.
- Brooksher Ballet Gear sales.
- Character photography.
Our General Business Manager will handle most issues to keep the behind the scenes gears turning for our growing dance organization including general email correspondence, most corporate responsibilities such as tax filings, insurance issues, marketing, budget creation, program development, filing & bookkeeping. This position works closely with the artistic directors to help implement their vision and the mission of the organization. Annual salary $30-40K – negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Applicant should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree & previous experience.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Windows, Word, Excel, Publisher, Adobe, Quickbooks, Outlook
Artistic Faculty - Instructor
This position requires teaching at the highest levels of ballet instruction with the goal of training professional dance artists within the Vaganova curriculum. This position will also be required to teach in local dance studios as part of our outreach program, run rehearsals for Brooksher Ballet performances/competition preparations, and teach in Brooksher Ballet summer workshops/Pro-Dance Experience. Salary negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Prequisites include:
- Extensive dance/teacher training in Vaganova pedagogy.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a professional performing artist.
- Teach all levels of ballet technique, pointe, partnering, variations, men’s/boy’s work.
- Choreograph for neo-classical and contemporary styles.