About this program
What is the draw for boys to dance? In today’s culture, boys and dance aren’t usually paired together, but there are great reasons why boys dance too. At Brooksher Ballet all boys and men train tuition free!
- Physical Fitness: Dance combines many desirable attributes required for other physical activities including stamina, strength, agility, and coordination. Dance is used by many professional sports teams to supplement their training regiments, as well as for injury prevention and rehabilitation.
- Mental Acuity: Dance requires students to be able to quickly remember long series of steps, mimic styles of movement and be able to repeat them on demand, evaluate previous performances and analyse successful and non-successful attributes, retain corrections and improvements over the short and long term. All of these skills are highly adaptable to any area of study or professional application.
- Self-Discipline: Dance requires students to have a strong work ethic, to demand their very best effort, and follow through on areas of weakness. Dance is a long term commitment to a process of critique and improvement.
- Emotional Intelligence: Dance instills a sense of self that comes from learning to express one’s thoughts and feelings. It also helps students to be aware of others’ emotions as they work and dance together each day. Dance also helps students develop a sense of mental and emotional flexibility that comes from handling the inadvertent events that happen in live theater. Performers must be able to quickly adapt to changing circumstances if a performance goes awry.
- Etiquette and Manners: Having the ability to conduct oneself with pride, dignity and class is important in any field. Respect for self and others, a sense of decorum, and deportment in social situations helps to make others feel at ease. Students may find themselves as guests at a Hollywood black tie gala event, or performing for dignitaries at the White House. The ability to feel comfortable in any setting sets students on the path to success.
Classes and Services
- Hope everyone had a relaxing Spring Break, and that you are ready to get back in the studio! #brooksherballet #nacb… http://t.co/INvOpHZ5HS 2 days ago
- Hope everyone had a relaxing Spring Break, and that you are ready to get back in the studio! #brooksherballet #nacb… http://t.co/Whp7mBZGZQ 2 days ago